Here’s an intro to the music projects I’m currently running. In addition to these, I compose film scores and occasionally produce remixes under my own name.
The Musical Endeavour
The Musical Endeavour was born from the One Weekend E.P. project, where I and Si Pettit write and release a 5-track E.P. over the course of a weekend.
I’ve continued to released singles and E.P.s including fusions of funk, lofi, hip-hop and electronic styles, occasionally collaborating with other musicians: my lofi hip-hop E.P. Ray of Light featured vocals from Miss Jacqui.
Where can you listen to The Musical Endeavour?
The first release from Blue Alatar was Irradiated Hamster Alert in 2018, which was the product of about 8 years of on-and-off work. IHA was cinematic, rock fusion; guitar-driven and featuring a variety of world instruments Since then I’ve sworn to release music more often. Currently, this is an avenue to explore styles of music from around the world and fuse them with my own background of rock guitar and electronic production.
Blue Alatar is largely a solo endeavour, but I’m looking to collaborate for future releases.
Where can you listen to Blue Alatar?
Listen to Blue Alatar on Deezer
The Conversation Hat Podcast
A comedy chat-show were a hat dictates what is discussed. Anything is up for discussion from the arts, to geek culture and films, to current affairs. Featuring guests from the local creative industries.
I am one of the show’s 2 co-hosts and also create most of the original music. In 2021 The Conversation Hat released it’s first Mixtape – a collection of songs from the show.
Visit ConversationHat.com for more info on the show, or listen to the Mixtape on Spotify.
I also compose for multimedia under my own name.
- Original score for Type Till You Bleed, short comedy horror film, winning Best Music in the 2022 Dark Hour awards;
- Score & sound design for 2 short films, featured by The Globe for their Earth Day event in 2021;
- Original score for audio dramas broadcast on BBC Radio 4 Extra and BBC Upload;
- Audio idents and jingles used on Missed Apex Podcast, The Conversation Hat Podcast and BBC Radio Cambridgeshire;
- Original music for marketing and video production clients including The Department of Magical Gifts in Cambridge;
- I have a library of tracks available on Pond5 for commercial purposes.